Saturday, September 8, 2018

I Call ‘Blarney’

I love the Irish use of the word ‘blarney’, in place of ‘bullsh*t’.  Turns out that Queen Elizabeth I ‘coined’ it after meeting the Lord of Blarney Castle, who was a teller of tales.


I was told I could skip Blarney Castle, because I already have ‘the gift of gab’.  But I decided to go anyway.  The castle, built in 1446, really was impressive.    And yes, I did kiss the stone.  What a fun crowd.  I think everyone knew that what we were waiting an hour in line to do was ridiculous!




1 comment:

Patti Pietschmann Travel Diva said...

Yes you do have the gift of gab Glenn but also the gift of writing about your experiences to make us feel like we're there with you. Keep on having fun since I can't. Although I am walking better just can't get out of the house so see the world for me. xooPatti