Monday, September 10, 2018

Countryside, Coastline, Colour and a Castle

The pastures, forests and hillsides are green, green, green,  And the sheep are pink?  Then blue comes in at the coastline.  The towns of Macroom and Dingle and others along the way are painted in bright, bold, hues, as are boats in Dingle harbor that look like they belong in a bathtub.  There’s just so much colour here (had to use the local spelling)!

And now I’ve moved on to a Castle.  The name is Dromoland (www.dromoland.ie)  Far from dark and drafty, it’s a luxury 5-star hotel today, and It was built in 1543.   I’m here for a one-night stay.  I haven’t seen him, but the estate is still the home of a Baron. 

This driving on the wrong side has gotten so much easier since the last time I did it.  As with the bike, it’s all about GPS.  I’m actually using Waze here, the same app I use at home.  And it leads you to the correct turn in every roundabout.  So on I go.  Next stop (and I turn in the car), Galway.







 







1 comment:

Unknown said...

How wonderful the countryside is, the pictures are truly amazing! m