Saturday, September 1, 2018

'At Home' in Dublin

Love Dublin!  This city and its people are so friendly, and welcoming and fun.  The Irish people are like nowhere else.  And I kicked it off by getting together with 'Tibbers' and Shane, two of my camp friends from The Painted Turtle.  Thanks for great visits, guys!  Now on to Cork to start my my six-day bike tour with the company Backroads.

First, though, I want to share a 'saying' I saw on a shop window.  I think it's perfect:

Dream me a city where I can be myself.  Where brewery hops drift on the morning breeze and a tin whistle swells your soul.  Where the rain sparks the cobbles, laughter surrounds and a nation's woes are solved from a barstool.  Where tales grow taller, and old friends become new.  Where conversations start as day ends.  Dream me a city, and I'll show you Dublin.  And you will feel at home.







2 comments:

Unknown said...

So great Glenn!!

Laurie in the Desert said...

I love going to see churches when I travel. The one in your picture looked amazing. The floor almost looked like a mosaic treasure.